Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SNA

Our dossier has been in Peru a little more than 2 weeks and is in the final steps of translation. The stack of papers that, now, represent our life will be submitted to SNA Thursday morning. I hope and pray that SNA will expedite our paperwork and that we will hear good news quickly.

I do not have control. This is a struggle for me. When I talk to the kids, I feel their disappointment, their lack of ability to understand why it's taking so long and my frustration that I can't do anything about it.

Even though I've never been pregnant, I'm sure there are similarities to a mother in her final month of pregnancy... exhausted, consumed and wondering when. When the children are finally home, I'm sure I'll forget all the pain of waiting.

But for now, I feel like I'm living with ghosts. The children's rooms are filled with their beds, toys and clothes - but the house is empty and quiet. My mind can tolerate no other thought than being with them again.