Sunday, July 19, 2009

Growth

Apart from our wonderful adoption - it is a pure pleasure to be at the orphanage. One of the wonderful blessings is to see all of the fruit of the countless hours of labor by the staff and volunteers over the past few years. I have been spending some time talking to different staff, children and volunteers and hearing about their experiences at the orphanage - the blessings and the challenges. I spent some time walking through the facility and observing all the physical changes that I've seen happen since my first visit in 2006 and contemplating all of the programs and organizational changes I've been able to be a part of. It is a wonderful feeling to take it all in. When the work gets tough or overwhelming and I think of all the things I still want to see happen - taking time to reflect on what God's already done is a huge encouragement and gift.


Pictured - kids from the orphanage on their way to school.